Re: [St] Oldtimer's Sprints

Matt Knowles wrote:

On May 7, 2008, at 6:42 AM, Lisa & Richard White wrote:

It was the first part of March 1999 that I acquired my first Sprint ST.

That got me to wondering how many original owners of '99s there are still on the list. I was going to check the registry but I guess that's no longer on the web site.
Yep, I think I was either #12 or #24 on the list. Still here in the deep dark shadows. Jack's messages keep bleeding over into my work life and bring me around to catch up on what is happening. From the start of my ST folder...

   Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:37:13 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Majordomo@xxxxxxxxxx
   Subject: Welcome to st

   --

   Please save this message for future reference.  Thank you.

Still have Shadow. Only ~17k on him ( short commute to work ) and still find my self greening stupidly in side my bucket every time. Vin: ....120888. So it

Neil "no dawg name" Halbert
`99 Sprint ST 'Shadow'

I test rode one in February 1999, and immediately placed an order for the first red one to arrive. Two days before it's arrival, I was laid off because the company I was working for went out of business. In a panic, I cancelled the order. Then after the dust settled I realized it was an opportunity rather than a layoff and replaced my order. Unfortunately, my bike had already been delivered to second in line. But I did get the second red one, delivered in early April.

Anyone out there still have one earlier than that?

I know I can't boast about owning the highest mileage '99 (I might have to admit to owning the lowest mileage one), but maybe I can boast I own one of the oldest?

I fully expect that some time next year, the Sprint will become the bike that I've owned the longest, beating out my '83 Vision.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned