Re: [St] Headlamp low beam question

On Fri 19 Sep 2008, Ian Newham wrote:
> On a slight tangent - I 'm in the UK and have a Sprint RS where only one
> headlamp is illuminated on low beam. Given that this was the result of
> some EU directive, does anyone know whether fitting the extra relay to
> get both illuminated on low beam will a) result in an MOT test failure
> b) give the police reason to prosecute me

Can't give you a definitive answer, as we've no MOT test for bikes in
Ireland :)

The single dip beam thing is because of an EU directive on type approval,
which only affects new bikes as sold. Once they leave the showroom floor, you
can do what you like, subject to national laws.

AFAIK there is no UK law preventing the fitting of additional lighting to
bikes (or Mod scooters :) ) provided you don't dazzle other road users,
obviously.

Eoin

'04 ST955i (with twin dip mod)