New subscriber

Hi, my name is Greg Starrak.  Eric said to write in and introduce
myself.  I live in Vancouver, BC.  I currently have a 92 Yamaha TDM 850
but am looking at a getting a new bike and really want a Triumph.  First
went in to look at the Trophy (for touring and protection from all the
rain around here) but then switched to thinking about a Tiger (the TDM
is a similar bike in some respects) then I saw a new ST at the local
Triumph dealership!!  They are getting 5 in - 3 are presold so I have to
decide if I want to put a deposit down now on one of the last 2 or wait
for the Tiger??  Decisions, decisions.  Unfortunately they do not have
an ST for demo so I have been searching the web for info - have never
seen so much positive stuff about one bike.  Mostly I joined the list to
read what everyone is saying to aid in the decision making.  I think I
am going to go for the ST.  I will let you know what happens.

I rode a 96 Sprint and did not like the ergonomics (OK but not great - a
little too hard on the wrists, a little too aggresive positioning) but
from what I read the new ST is very different - anyone have
impressions?
My riding habits vary from freeway/city travel to work, to local
backroads (some really nice rides along the Fraser River and into the
surrounding mountains) to one tour in the summer (did about 3,500km trip
through the Rockies last summer with a friend who has a BMW GS1100  -
wanted to get a new tiger to kick his butt).
Very interesting reading your viewpoints and information.

Thanks, Greg