Heated grips

Well, just got done putting on the heated grips.

1st question for someone else that has them - does your indicator light up?
It has a translucent face that one would assume would light up when
activated. My grips get nice and hot, but the indicator does not light.

2nd question - who thought up the mounting location? Cut a hole in the
fairing? Should have used the time they spent creating the plastic template
on finding a better spot. Too bad they didn't set it up like the Tiger ....

"To fit operating switch

27. Tiger - remove the switch blank for the instrument panel.
Sprint ST - make a cut-out using the template (9) supplied in the top edge
of the left hand lower fairing, as shown below"

So I mounted it vertically in the left side of the cockpit. Looks very neat
(and almost professional). Plus it doesn't put a switch on the fairing that
would make it difficult to remove that panel.

Since I had the cockpit fairing pulled, I pulled the rest to clean the
motor and found that the water outlet cover was missing a bolt. The paint
on the hole was not marred so it appears that it was never installed. I
checked the parts book and it shows 4 bolts, so I added one. Must be a
Friday bike.....

- - Eric