Re:Sorry

At 01:16 AM 5/16/99 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 5/15/99 9:56:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>> At least I had not yet gone to the replacement can.  No damage
>>  to tank, seat, seat bodywork, lower fairing piece.  Just ordered
>>  RHS body panel, RHS headlight nacelle half, and brake pedal from
>>  my friendly neighborhood Triumph dealer.
>
>This is my biggest problem with faired bikes, 1 tiny get off and boom a
>million bucks.  Love the bike ahhuurrrrr, not sure I'm crazy bout fairings,
>love the bike though.  I kept a Kaw Concours off the deck for the entire 3
>yrs I owned her.  And my Tridents not seen pavements rash since I bought it
>in 95, seems too good to be true and that really bothers me.  BTW thanks eric
>for the invincashield.  Hmmm maybe I should just slather the stuff over all
>possible points of contact.

The counterpoint to that is that no mechanicals were damaged.  Engine
cases and such were all untouched.  Remember the old Yamahas, where if
you layed them down the points were fucked and you couldn't even ride
them home, even on a minor drop?

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx