RE: Any Body Use A Scottoiler?

Confirmation from Scottoiler:

I spoke to Paul from Scottoiler a couple of weeks ago and they have just had
the approval from Triumph to use the adapters.  Scottoiler will send you an
adapter if you contact them or your dealer can request them.

He also said that Triumph were about to send out a letter to the dealers (at
least the U.K. ones) to let them know that they had approved the part.
However, it would need to be fitted by the dealer so as not to invalidate
the warranty.

As my sprint will have its 6,000 mile service in a few weeks I intend to get
them to fit the scottoiler then along with the heated grips.

Peter

"Smithers, Mark" wrote:

> Spoke to my dealer about one on Friday - He said NOT to put a Scottoiler
on
> as the ST is FI and does not have carbs (Scottoiler is vacuum feed).  He
has
> suggested another type of oilier and I'm having it fitted within the next
> couple of weeks.

Actually, Scottoiler has an adapter especially for Sprint S/Ts that
plugs into the FI system to provide vaccuum. I heard that they worked
with the factory to ensure that their system wouldn't negatively affect
the FI system, but I don't have any confirmation on that.

- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Higher Education Consulting
KPMG LLP