Re: Neutral woes....

"Otaiwan (Tai) Day" wrote:

> I have a neutral woe of a different nature. I just got my Sprint RS on Saturday.
> Yes, I love it!

Congrats!

> I can't get the gear shift from 1st to neutral while stopped. I have to squeeze
> the clutch lever in all the way to disengage the clutch. Is this normal on a
> brand new Sprint RS? I have 225 miles on it.

Difficulty getting to neutral from first is pretty normal when the bike
is new, but after a few thousand miles it tends to get easier. There
seems to be some variation between bikes on this, though. For example, I
have 3,700 miles on my ST and still can't get neutral from first
reliably. Others have no problem what so ever.

However, it sounds like your clutch lever needs a bit of adjustment. I
think that's something the dealer does at your 500 mi. service.

> One thought that could be a cause is that I replaced the stock clutch lever with
> a Daytona's thinking that the span would be closer (curved lever).

Possible, but not likely, IMHO.

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA