Re[4]: Mushy ST Brakes

     Zac,

     I understand the problem.
     I have a '99 ST and the height of the reservoir relative to the master
     cylinder was never an issue for me.
     The new stainless line I fitted has been installed without kinks and
     therefore does not restrict the flow of fluid in any way. The original line
     on my bike had a very tight bend in it which would probably constrain the
     flow of fluid to the MC.

     The positioning issue you refer to will only effect post '99 models with
     the lower reservoir.

     Martin
     '99 Red ST (The faster and better stopping model)

Martin,

This isn't a pipe, tube or hose issue.  It is a relative position issue
between the reservoir and the master cylinder.  What I am describing is a
flat piece of metal that raises the reservoir about 3/4" above its original
mounting location.  This takes the kink out of the rubber hose between the
reservoir and the mastercylinder and increases the head of fluid by about
3/4" WC (this is a pressure measurment).  The fluid now is more available to
the master cylinder than the surrounding air and voila, the brakes work much
better.

Zac

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software