Re: [ST] RE New Philips Headlight Bulbs

At 01:17 AM 2/24/01 -0800, David Earl wrote:
>Thanks Graeme-The bulbs are great. But the parking light  most
>definately looks jaudiced now.

Sure does - looks like yellow stained glass....

>Any word on a "blue" bulb for it? I
>remember from the sight their are some indicator bulbs. Will one of
>these work? I didn't bother to even look at it while repacing the
>headlights. (I was too busy cursing the designer who designed a
>headlight that required disassembly of the entire front of the bike to
>replace a stinking bulb!)

Maybe the next person who pulls their fairing can take a look at the bulb
in the parking light socket (as you can't get to that one with the fairing
on). It looks to be a 5W wedge bulb, and if so, fosmo has a blue
replacement at

http://www.fosmo.com/bvside.htm

At $10-$US, I would like to be sure before ordering (they are however sold
in pairs, so you should be able to split the cost with another rider...)

- -Eric