[ST] trip report

'nuff said!!

Well I'll give some details, as you guessed got the bike back.
Still not complete, dealer did not notice that a few more parts
needed to be replaced until last week so they are not in yet.

Otherwise, instead of the factory can, I got the CF sport can, wow,
wonderful sound. As well setting up the CO properly (at 500 mile
service they forgot) really helped the low end as well.

I was going to take it easy and ride along the gulf coast, but
Allison had different plans for that. So I wound up doing a speed
course. Left Sun @ 10:15 am, first stop breakfast. Anyway the late
start precluded doing a practice SS 1000 :-(

The stats:

1085.5 miles riden

stopped time 			  3:43:27
moving time: 			 15:19:24
total time (except for sleeping) 19:02:52

Moving average		70.8 mph
Overall average speed	57.0 mph

max speed 101.5 sshh, it was on private land. honest

57 mph average speed is a bit low, but not bad, on 4 wheels I can
better 60 mph.

But considering there where no roads I rode on that have a speed
limit that exceeds 70, not too too bad.

As far as the gps, I got an eMap about 3 weeks ago, at Bill's I
applied some velcro to the back of it and the the right side of
the top tripple clamp. Will post a picture later. Anyway with remote
power from the battery (hack install, but it worked) and it worked
like a charm.

It even saved me, going through Mobile I was too busy watching the
sky-line, other traffic, and enjoying the sound of the bike in the
tunnel :-) and missed the exit. No problem, just used the base map
to point me in the right direction. Even though city streets are
not in there, you at least know you going in the right direction
:-)

Tom

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664