Re: [ST] electric vests

Denis:
I commute 50 miles to work over Oregon's Coast Range five days a week
and about 7 months of the year.

I've used all three Eclipse, Widder, and Gerbings. I've settled on
Gerbings for several reasons, but quality is tops on the list. Eclipse
is junk, thank God they quit selling it! Widder is good quality gear,
but the combo of vest and gloves and the associated wiring harness is
too much hassle and too many things to fall apart when you wear it as
much as I do. AND, if it gets cold where you live, the vest wont keep
your arms warm.

Gerbings gloves and jacket liner along with a  Heat'troller have kept me
toasty warm for most of the last five years and not given me a moment
of problems. I've had a couple of cloth problems because I wear the
stuff so much, but have sent it to Gerbings and they repair it in
record shattering time and send it back. Last spring I took the liner
to the factory to have the glove connectors replaced. Without any
advance
warning they did it and had me ready to leave in less than 30 minutes.
Didn't even ask how long I'd had the gear, let alone argue about
warranty
issues.

I will tell you that if you cut the end off the Heat troller cable and
cross up the wiring, it'll fry in an instant and they may argue the
warranty issue. BUT, there's a big old warning label on the bag it comes
in stating just that.  I didn't give them a chance to argue, just send
them a card # to charge the new one to.
- --
	http://www.peak.org/~dunlapb/index.html
Butch Dunlap                 '98 ST1100             141,606
Corvallis OR.                '99 Triumph S3      The Dragon!
STOC #325                    '93 ST1100              80,280  GBNF!
If you don't ride the damn thing, sell it!