RE: [ST] Motorcyclist Mag Dyno results

Allow me to clear up a little confusion here.  First, the '02 engine changes
have nothing to do with this.  If you will notice, the "hard numbers" in
this month's Motorcyclist are for an '01 Sprint ST, and an '00 RS.  The RED
numbers indicate that these are UPDATED stats.  The ST numbers have actually
been DOWNGRADED from previous issues, where they were using numbers from a
'99 ST.

'99 results:  from 8/99

102.8 hp @ 9250 rpm    65.2 ft/lbs torque @ 5250 rpm

(new) '01 results:  from 1/02

99.8 hp @ 9500 rpm     62.0 ft/lbs torque @ 5750 rpm

Why the disparity in the stats not only hp/torque, but also the RPM's at
which the results were generated?? from the same bike, with no engine
"changes" from '99 to '01 ????  Got me.

The RS numbers have remained unchanged since the original test from 6/00

There was great discussion on this list back in 6/00 as to why the RS hp
numbers were over 9 hp down from the ST.  The new stats put the disparity at
6.2   Why???  Maybe they had a "dog" RS, not representative of the model.
OR.................maybe nooooottt.  :]

It will interesting to see the new stats when they get around to testing the
'02 Sprints.

Come'on Marc Cook.......throw us a bone here!  It's a "new bike" now, you
can test it again.  Just don't let Norem near it, he's a punk. :]

STeve Duncan
"Loco Dawg"
'00 Sprint-ST, Black as Nite
Dallas, Tx

"Lowest Common Denominator" is not sexual innuendo

- --------original messages--------