Re: [ST] ST cutting out..continued

> The dealer told me that the new 2002 engine monitors the
> CO itself and it can't be adjusted manually.

- - Martin -
He's correct.  The third generation 955i engine [Tiger, new ST,
RS, S3 + Daytona?] uses an oxygen sensor to maintain a
stochiometric fuel mixture [typically .4 - .9% average CO],
required to optimize catalyst efficiency.  There is no CO adjust
function on the TuneBoy when these models are selected.

One potential problem with the design [at least on the Tiger---I
haven't looked at any of the others] is that the O2 sensor reads
the exhaust in only one header downpipe, leaving room for a
problem in another cylinder to go undetected.  It's probable that
the idle stepper motor or closed throttle set position need to be
reset using the TuneBoy, which I'd urge you to request from your
dealer.  It shouldn't take more that a couple of minutes.  If
that doesn't solve the problem request that the dealer contact
technical support at Triumph.

HTH,
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST