Re: [ST] Cheaper tires are fine, but what about the install?

Scott.Fehr@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> How would you all feel about having a non-Triumph dealer put
> your tires on for you?

The first time that I needed to change a tire on the Blue Devil I went
to a Triumph dealer. The tire was punctured so I was wanting to get it
fixed fast. I had called around looking for the tire locally and finally
found one at a Staten Island dealer. I pulled the wheel myself and took
it in. Problem #1: The tire that they told me was in stock was the wrong
tire. I decided to give it a shot and had them order the tire. When it
When I got there they told me that they might not be able to get to it
until the next afternoon. Problem #3: They scratched the rim. Problem
#4: They didn't have the capability to spin balance it; I ended up
taking it to another dealer for that.

In answer to your question, if they knew what they were doing I wouldn't
hesitate to to take it to a non-Triumph dealer. Just because this dealer
was a Triumph dealer it did not mean that they knew what the hell they
were doing.

BTW The aforementioned dealer is no longer a Triumph dealer.

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"Only the mediocre are always at their best."
                        -- Jean Giraudoux