Re: [ST] Roethlisberger

In a previous email, Joel Ashman stated:
> His condition has been upgraded to Fair, and the repair surgery on his
> facial bones has gone well.  He is concious and alerts.  He's expected to be
> discharged in 3-5 days.

I was watching ESPN last night and a hospital spokesperson is reading
the long list of head and facial injuries. (That sounds redundant. If
your face isn't attached to your head you're in big trouble.) Anyway,
toward the end it went somewhat like this: "two missing teeth, five
broken teeth and his knees suffered no injuries."

Now my first thought is what the heck do his knees have to do with his
head? But, I'll bet that somewhere out there some Steelers fan was
thinking "Hey who gives a crap what his face looks like. I wanna know if
his knees are still good. I mean, tell us the truth doc. Will he be able
to play ball again?"

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is
somebody like Norman Einstein."
             -- Joe Theismann, Former quarterback