Shifter and Rear Brake levers (was: first trip)

According to ann k.curcio:

> Mark,
> I figured out the linkage clearance problem with the shifter while making
> the adjustment.  Thanks for telling the others about this potential problem.
> If the shifter contacted the linkage before full movement downward one of
> these would get bent or broken.  I have not tried the brake pedal
> adjustment as I don't mind its present position, but it is a good idea
> as well.

> Mark Patrick wrote:
> > BTW, on the shifter, be careful that the pedal still has clearance to
> > the linkage when the pedal is at the lowest possible deflection so as
> > not to break this aluminum part!

Well, to give credit where it is due, someone else (Troy, maybe ?) on the
list mentioned the clearance issue when I initially posted (2-3 weeks ago)
about the improvement those adjustments made.  I had not realized that it
could be a problem, but fortunately had left plenty of room.

I'm wondering if the position of the shifter and rear brake are set at
the factory or by the dealer when the bike is setup...

Mark
- --

Best Regards,

Mark S. Patrick                                 E-mail: msp@xxxxxxxxxx
Prism Computer Applications, Inc.               Voice:  (216) 228-1400
Cleveland, Ohio  USA                            Fax:    (216) 228-4977