Re: add-ons and accessories

At 11:41 AM 06/29/1999 +0200, Leatherbiker wrote:
>There's one thing that's really bugging me - I'm dying to know
>why, whenever you all buy stuff from your Triumph dealer,
>presumably for a new Sprint, you have to put the stuff on
>yourselves?
>I didn't have to insist that Jack Lilley, my dealer, put the
>stuff on - they volunteered: OK, I paid for most of it,
>obviously (though not the tankpad and hugger, which they "threw
>in" when I bought the bike new) but they fitted it all free of
>charge - isn't that normal in the States?

Well, can't speak for the other dealers, but mine was included as part of
the deal. Unfortunately, when I took delivery (Jan 5th) none of the
accessories were available. Not a problem said the dealer - just bring it
back and we'll toss them on. But as many know the early supply of parts was
hit or miss and running back and forth 120 miles for each part to be
installed (plus waiting around for it to be done) just didn't appeal to me,
so I opted for self installs. Plus as someone else pointed out, it lets me
become better acquainted with the bike. I was not worried about the dealer
doing it wrong - they use their normal techs to do the installs.

- - Eric