Alternative clutch lever

Now that the manual reckons I'm allowed to open her up to 8000 rpm I
decided to try a few twisties on Sunday.  Great fun, but one of my
initial fears was confirmed: after 400+ klicks worth of changing gear my
clutch hand was letting me know it big time.  On Monday morning the ring
finger was stiff and swollen and I rode most of the way to work in
second gear (after I actually managed to get her into second) trying not
to have to stop at the lights.

It's not the tension on the lever that's the problem, just that I have
relatively small hands and the lever is a bit far from the grip.  I
could move the bracket two or three mill nearer to the grip which would
reduce the stretch distance minimally but also increase the leverage
force, albeit minimally.  I can't be the only one with this problem.
How can I get round it, apart from grinning and bearing it ;-/  ...
(which is admittedly not too difficult whilst actually riding).  Can I,
contrary to what the manual says (er, doesn't say), adjust the thing?  I
don't want to try messing around with that shiny black bolt
unneccessarily.  Or is there an alternative lever, say a dogleg, on the
market?

Mark
Linz, Austria