RE: Sport Cans Pics Wanted/Sound?

Many of Triumph's promotional pictures (including the one in the '99
brocure) were taken with the Aluminum can installed. Your dealer likely has
a picture lieing about.

> Also, how do they sound?  I had a pair of Staintune cans on my
> Ducati M900 and they sounded great, not HD loud, but loud enough, is it
> anything similar?  I've seen pics of the carbon fiber and like
> it, but though I might save a few bucks and get the shiny alum. one if it
> looks like the stock can.

The metal one looks a bit better than the stock can - it is shorter, has the
Triumph badge on it, and dosn't yellow like the stock can does. As for the
sound - it's only a smidge louder at idle or when bliping the throttle, but
get onto a road open enough to wack the throttle open above 5K and it really
starts to sing. It's so well behaved and so 'responsibly' noisy that I think
it should have been fitted as stock - it's quieter than the stock Daytona
can after all.