Re: Re-Tire

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Mike Fleming wrote:

> "David Arnett" <DArnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>
> > Has anyone out there put a 190 size tire on their ST?  Any problems?  It
> > should fit fine, but will handling drastically change ...for the worse or
> > better?
>
> I've done this from the opposite direction, fitting a 180 to the rear
> of a T595, and I think it improved the handling. I suspect that
> putting a 190 on will make the rear end sluggish to turn.

Yup, on the zx list we have gone over this one a few times. For
the most part, the engineers picked a tire, they did it for a
reason. Of course some say that some of the 190's and 200's that
are appearing on some of the bike are for marketing purposes.

That said, a few weeks back I had the opertunity to drive a ZX11
with a 190 then a ZX11 with a 170. Although the one with the 190
did have slightly loose head bearings, but the 170 definately like
going through corners where as the 11 equiped with a 190 rear tyre
faught the corners all the way.

Thomas

<not much of a lurker I am turning out to be>

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>

5025 Arapaho Road, Suite 406, Dallas, 75248
(972) 851-6945