Battery????

Being the mischievous type I am, I thought I might drop a little hint type
statement.  Once upon a time I had a two day old D207 rear go flat on the
freeway and being that I didn't have the funds to pay for a tow I called up
O.C. Triumph and asked if they could help.  Mickey said hold tight, I am
sending someone out in the truck to pick you up but I had to go with - for
a parts pickup on the way back.  I said no problem, of course, as he was
definitely hooking me up.
The parts pick up was battery acid.  So I discovered that the dealers, mix
there own stuff so to speak, make their own batteries.  So I am thinking,
and it may be wrong, but it seems entirely possible to my eyes that the
batteries would be taking dives left and right.  I am pretty sure the bikes
are shipped via cargo boat and I have no idea what kind of packaging or
amount of desiccant is used.  Batteries could be corroding on the way over
from the UK, maybe some shipping damage.
In any case I am thinking that this is more likely the reason why some of
you folks are having marginal to dead batteries.  I am also wondering why
Triumph wouldn't just have the dealers buy batteries on this side of the
pond instead of shipping them from home.  Maybe more expensive that way.

Martin Retherford