Saddlebag Bloom?

Hi guys
just a quick inquiry

I picked up my new pannier bags over the weekend and they seem to have some
discoloration to the black part.

The lower part of the bag gives the impression that it was either wiped with a
solvent that has caused the black
pick up a slight haze, or that they were partially wiped with a wax or
something. They have a white discoloration
much like what you would see on the black trim of a car if wax hit it.

I'm not sure If it is worth complaining about, part of me says why bother, but
another part says you just paid 750 for
nice bags they better look nice.

Has anyone seen this with their bags?

Thoughts or suggestions?

(Mind you, I haven't tried to remove it with anything yet as I wanted to see if
this was a common occurrence.)

Jay Welsh
Peabody, Ma
'00 ST Sapphire
16 days, 1200 miles, and no problems (comparatively speaking)