Re: Wacky Fuel gauges

In your message regarding Re: Wacky Fuel gauges dated Mon, 8 Jan 2001
09:43:18 -0800, Neil Lindsey said that ...

>NL-
>NL-  ----- Original Message -----
>NL-  From: "Mike Bostock" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > I have, I believe, an original fuel sender (since my VIN number does not
> > fall into the recall zone).  I have only recently acquired my 2nd hand ST
> > so am no expert on the matter.
>NL-
>NL-  If your bike is second hand, how can you be sure that it wasn't already
>NL-  replaced once?  And if it was replaced, you can almost be certain that it
>NL-  was replaced with one that has the potential to leak, even if it hasn't done
>NL-  so yet.  The bad ones have a green cap, and the good (latest) ones have a
>NL-  grey cap, so you might want to check that the next time the tank is off.

When I bought the bike I specifically asked them (in writing) to check
that the fuel sender did NOT have a green cap and that there were no
outstanding recall items - this was thanks to the info from various
members of this list.  So if it has, and since I put this in writing, it
could be a touch expensive for the dealer if anything should go wrong :-)

- --
Mike Bostock
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/
Wales & SW ST Riders