[ST] RE: (ST) ST cutting out..continued

> Whilst I was there I was unable to get the CO checked as there were no
> mechanics in.  The dealer told me that the new 2002 engine
> monitors the
> CO itself and it can't be adjusted manually.

Martin,

I was unaware of the sensor in the '02 models exhausts.
I'm therefore unimpressed with its performance too!

My '02 S3 presumably has a similar sensor and the engine response beow 3K is
appaling. It stutters and surges until it hits 3K and then it's off like a steam
loco. At every set of lights it's a lottery if I'll get cleanly off the mark or
stall abrubtly. Strangely, when the bike is cold it runs perfectly but after a
few miles it's a PITA :( Above 3K RPM the fueling is perfect.

I plan on living with it until the first service and have the techs take a look
at it then. Does this sound like the same issue you're having?

Martin,
Ireland

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software