Re: [ST] Passenger Comfort

In your message regarding Re: [ST] Passenger Comfort dated Thu, 3 Jan 2002
12:46:55 -0600 , Anderson, Neil G (CPR) said that ...

>ANG(-  Mike Bostock wrote:
>
> >2.  Communication - an intercom is essential for touring.
>ANG(-
>ANG(-  Nope, even if you're the tooth fairy, I have to disagree.  I tried an
>ANG(-  intercom with the Lovely Ballast and she complained that I was talking too
>ANG(-  much and keeping her awake :-)

Ahhhhh - there's the difference - I don't talk to my ballast, perhaps I've been
married longer than you ;-)

Actually, joking aside, Susie and I keep the chat to a minimum as a) I don't
talk much as I'm concentrating, and b) she doesn't talk to me much so as not to
disturb my concentration.  However, when I about to overtake in a CQB*
situation, for example, then I will give her the 'heads-up' that warp factor 10
is about to be engaged.  This does enhance her feeling of security and make her
more relaxed the rest of the time as she can trust me not to make any sudden
manoeuvres without prior warning.

* CQB = close quarter battle ie overtaking where the passing distance is
limited and which requires 2 shifts down and full throttle with me leaning on
the handlebars trying hard to keep the front wheel on the ground owing to the
counterbalancing effect of the hairdryer, make-up kit and three pairs of shoes
etc in the top-box ;->

- --
Mike Bostock
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/