[ST] Log Books

Regarding the current thread on the warrenty book being stamped.  I do my own
servicing, and bought a good quality, leather bound, blank book at Barnes and
Noble.  I divided it into a front section where I accumulate all the handy little
info, such as torque settings, common part numbers, etc.  The main section is for
maintenance, where I keep a running history of dates and mileage readings for
everything I do to the bike.  For oil changes, I keep the receipts and tape them
right into the logbook on the page I note the work.

I also set aside a smaller section in the book for a trip log.  I keep track, at
least loosely, of trips, mileages, days spent on the road, etc.  It is great fun to
look back and remember something I did last year that I had forgotten.

I too would like to have the dealer book all stamped, but I am comfortable that
having an accurate written record of how I maintained the bike will carry even more
weight, both for a warrenty claim, and when I sell the machine (IF I ever sell the
machine).

Rick Hartwick
00 Sprint