Re: [ST] fjr, again

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 09:15:43AM -0600, Tom Emberson wrote:

> I will say one thing about the FJR, it is obvious, with the fact
> that Yamaha has decided to fix almost all of the nits after a
> single year of production for the US market.

I do find it curious, though, that the FJR was in Europe for at least a
year before coming stateside.  Why didn't the nits get picked before
now?

> Watching the racetech/Ohlins threads go buy, I can only think
> that Triumph is letting the Sport Touring market go away. I can
> understand Triumph wanting to open up other markets, but, at the
> same time, they are allowing the ST to become old.

I think Triumph knows that the Sprint is not on cutting edge of
technology.  Their showcase for that is the Daytona.

> Hands down, and I have said this before, If they could have sold
> me a Daytona engined, Daytona suspened 3 bag ST for 13,000 OTD,
> I would have not even stepped into the Yamaha dealership.

Why would anyone buy a daytona if the ST was the same bike, but comfier
and slightly heavier?  They're afraid of cannibalizing Daytona sales.

> But as it stands, I now have a more comfortable ride, that is
> more confidence inspiring in the corners and faster of the line
> than the ST, exactly the same as the Daytona!

Except the daytona is 430lbs dry and the FJR is how many?  Oh wait, but
Yamaha hides that weight by putting the battery up high, right?  :b

Laters,
Brian
- --
Euless, TX