Re: [ST] for Rich - accident key phrases

So, Rich, what does this tell you about how a motorcyclist should ride? I
would say very, very, very defensively. We won't become old riders if we
fail to recognize how difficult it is for drivers to see oncoming
motorcyclist. I can't stress it enough. It is pointless for us to call cage
drivers obscene names.

I see it all the time, new riders bring the relaxed awareness of driving a
cage to motorcycle riding. Where I see it most noticeable, is when a new
rider crosses an intersection, they just breeze through it like they own it.
A cage driver can afford that mistake because they have protection and they
are a big target, not true of a motorcycle and rider.

Older people are probably more likely to fail to see difficult objects such
as a motorcycle, but I doubt there will be any movement to rid the road of
these drivers, more likely they will want to rid the road of motorcyclist.

We can do a lot to protect ourselves, by adopting a very defensive posture
when we ride.

Mike Benzon