[ST] Triumph's absence at the shows

IMHO Triumph is blowing it by not attending.
I attended the Dallas/Fort Worth show knowing full well that Triumph would
not be there. The Triumph truck was at Euro Sport cycles in Fort Worth that
day so I left early to get at my dealer by 10:00 AM before attending the
show.
Sure there were new Triumphs lined up outside the truck, a tent to sign up
for demo rides, and the dealer was very busy.
BUT, the wait at 10:15 was to 1:00 PM to ride any of the bikes. Now what to
do. Wait there most of the day and ride a bike for fifteen minutes or go on
to the show.
I chose the show and enjoyed it.
The problem was that I looked at almost every brand except Triumph of
course. The dealer did have one small booth, no bikes, two models, and a
sign that the truck was at Euro Sport. People walked right past it and
didn't seem to give it much thought.
I wore one of my Triumph T-shirts that day and was stopped no less than six
times with the same question. "Triumph heh? They don't make them any more
do they? or Did Triumph go out of business, there not here.
Is this good sale promotion? I think not.
Triumph has some nice adds in other then motorcycle magazines now but IMHO
they blew it. I see too many folks look at bikes at the show and then head
to a dealer the next week. Guess which brand this will not happen with?

Jack Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the dark side of the Moon"
Que Lastima