Re: [ST] Tires...

Bryce

I think your numbers are going to mislead  except for the bit about
2800 miles being a bit low for a Sport Touring tyre!  You do know it
matters where the decimal point is?  You have an inch of tread at one
point!

I have 6mm tread depth on a new BT020 and I get about 6k miles out of a
rear.  That's with a lot of full-throttle acceleration and mostly
engine-braking - i.e. caning them quite hard, not very hard.

A rough guide might be 1-2k miles per mm tread on the rear depending on
your riding style.

Be warned, another lister has his last few mm disappear overnight when
he's not riding at all!

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> bster13@xxxxxxxxx 08/06/2005 14:46:57 >>>
I'm definitely not a math guy but doing some
calculations:

Stock BT57 has 8/32in tread depth

8/32in = 25.4mm

If 2800 miles is to 23.4 mm (u said u have two mm
left)

Then 2mm left is to 239 miles.

By my calculations u need new tires b4 your trip, no?

What PSI are you running?  2800 miles seems low even
for a sport-tire.

Good luck,

Bryce