Re: Safe Return

>I think that once I left Dennis's influence for controlling my pace, things
>went immediately to hell. I just really, REALLY like very tight roads; I
>must also confess that I get really charged clicking 3 downshifts, jammin
on
>the brakes, throwing the bike over, wringing the throttle, and banging some
>upshifts. This bike really lends itself to my bad riding style
>unfortunately. It is just sooo easy to keep it howling between 4,500 and
>6,000 rpm, shifts so nice, pipe sounds so good, even a pop off of trailing
>throttle on occasion, stop, stop....I want to go back for more!!!! Only
down
>side was the tires.

Paul,
Have you ever considered racing? Vintage is lots of fun, relatively
inexpensive (compared to modern bikes), and there are lots of lod farts like
you and me to race with. I too had the "brake, shift twice, cram it over and
nail it" riding style but had to change it with my little 500 Triumph. I
have to keep my corner speed up as it doesn't have the grunt that the 750's
I race with have. When I am by myself on the ST I do put it in deep and
brake hard but I was afraid to use that style with the number of people we
had and not knowing everyone's capabilities.

Dennis up there not using his brakes and keeping
>us all smooth.....not too sure if that would work.
>Paul & Dee

I can fix that!
Dennis
Corinth, TX