re: riding gear / lower body injuries

>  From: AnnBonne@xxxxxxx, on 06/06/2000 10:12:
>  <<  I wear just jeans on my lower body for commuting, though I do wear a
>  Vanson full-perf jacket, gloves, and a helmet. Jim>>
>
>  After having 2 rta's I suffered lower body injuries mainly (1976 and 1998)
>  Anyway, it seems that lower body injury is more frequent.

	Yeah, that thought has crossed my mind from time to time, especially
since I watched a guy on a Daytona whack the side of a pickup bed going wide in
a turn. The rear bumper clipped his thigh pretty badly. He was adorned
similarly to what I wear when I commute. He was lucky. If the truck hadn't
swerved, he'd have been joining the bugs in the radiator.
	I have a good riding suit for cool weather (we have about a month of
that here), but it's just too darn hot for commuting to work in the summer.
I've promised myself to pick up a pair of the Vanson perforated pants before
the Rallye and I plan to wear them for the trip out and back as well as at the
Rallye - probably with jerzee shorts and shirt under the leathers, though that
may accelerate dehydration. I'll try them for commuting duty, too. Then it's
something to replace the tennis shoes, too, I suppose.

At least I can plead young and foolish, I guess. I was still in grade school in
1976. By 1998 I had Bachelor's and Master's degrees, though. How time flies...

Thanks,

	Jim