Re: Broken down ST - update

At 10:29 AM 6/24/2000 +0100, Jim Gillespie wrote:
>Rich Weyand writes:
>  > At 12:44 AM 6/24/2000 +0100, Jim Gillespie wrote:
>  > >     If anyone could tell me what wiring leads away from the starter
>  > >relay I'd be most grateful!  As you will all know, there's no wiring
>  > >diagram with the owner's manual :-(
>  >
>  > Black w/Orange - coil earth to clutch switch
>  > White w/Red    - coil hot from handlebar pushbutton
>  >
>  > Tan            - battery positive to relay switch
>  > Black w/White   - from relay switch to starter motor
>
>     Thanks Rich.  Unfortunately my wires are not all those colours :-(
>The thin wires to the handlebar switch are, but the thicker wires
>which disappear into the wiring loom are green and blue.  Looks like I
>may be splashing out on a factory service manual in the near future.

But that's where I got the colors from!

In any case, you now know where to other end of each has to go, so you
should be able to track them down.  On the starter motor, for example,
one is connected to ground, and the other is one of your two heavy wires
off the solenoid.  The other heave wire off the solenoid should be direct
to battery positive.  The other thin wire goes to the clutch switch, but
this should be OK if you are getting relay click.

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx