From: "Larry Murdock" <lmurdock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 10:51 AM
Subject: [ST] High milage Sprints

> I have just turned 49,000 miles on my '99 ST.  Unfortunately, I
seem to have been a victim of valve seat wear as at my
> last service I was informed that some of the valves had reached
the limit of adjustment (no thinner shims are available)
> and that I should figure on a valve job at the next major
service.  I find this a bit upsetting as I have always followed
the
> maintenance schedule religously with 3,000 mile oil changes.  I
had planned to buy a new '02 this spring, but I don't
> believe that in only 50,000 miles I should be doing major
engine repair, so I will probably look at other bikes.  That is
> regrettable, as  I have in general enjoyed the ST.
>
> Larry Murdock
> Dawgnabit

info