Re: Motorcycle Ambulance

> I have some pix I could send to you - or maybe, if there's interest, upload
> to the ST site.

I would like to see your pics.

> I have heard of others who are thinking of introducing them. Last but one

This gets to the motive behind my inquiry. To my knowledge, motorcycles are not used by paramedics/EMS in the US. Law enforcement employ motorcycles, as well as other vehicles (horses and bicycles). The state of CA, and several municipalities make extensive use of motorcycles. The Chicago PD uses a stable of horses (and motorcycles) during the fairer months.

I'm wondering why EMS hasn't adopted the use of motorcycles. I would think this would be especially beneficial in very densely populated and vehicle congested areas, like Manhattan. Where it could decrease response time to the scene. In areas where the weather allows year round usage like LA, the could be a significant cost savings by replacing a few big rigs with a small fleet of motorcycles. And in areas like Miami, which has both urban congestion and temperate climate, it would be extremely advantageous.

If the UK can do it, why can't we?

Daphne

For Valentine's Day shop by Brand, Product, Price, Store and Location!
http://shop.storerunner.com/shop.asp?pdef=home&trsid=3080