Re: [ST] Longer Shift Lever & Intro

At 03:35 PM 6/8/01 -0500, you wrote:

>Anyway, my biggest complaint is the shift lever position and size.  I have
>a hard time getting my clod-hoppers underneath the shift lever to upshift.
I know what you mean, I have size 13 feet.  But if I'm riding in my street shoes (Doc Martin's Steel toe boots) I just tend to shift with the edge of the boot.  Otherwise I don't have a problem in my Sidi's they have a shifter patch.

>I have adjusted it upwards, but the lever itself is too short so the amount
>of force it takes to shift into second (which is a hellova hard throw BTW)
>is leaving a bruise on the top of my foot.

This will get better as the transmission breaks in.  Really it does.

  I would like to get a longer
>shift lever so that there is better leverage when shifting through this
>somewhat klunky transmission.  Has anyone done this, and/or does anyone
>share my problem with the ST?  Is there an easy solution that someone can
>offer?
Well I guess you could go to a welding shop and have them cut it and make it longer.  Although since it is a cast item it might weaken it to do that. Or go to a machine shop and have them make you a new lever with a longer arm.

>Tad Gralewski   tad_gralewski@xxxxxxxx
>01 Triumph Sprint ST - name t.b.d
>95 ST1100 - STress-Reliever  STOC #1539
>77 GS750 - The Blue Dolphin
>93 CBR1000F - The Black Whale - R.I.P. (rebuild in progress)
>http://members.home.com/tadgralewski

Lex "Digital Dawg" Offer
reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx
2000 Lucifer Orange Sprint ST