Re: [ST] frame slider question

I've had experience with the framesliders in a fall.  They work excellent.  While they didn't exactly help me prevent damage to the bike the fairing didn't actually sustain any roadrash.  If it hadn't been for the pickup truck that I slid into I would have been able to pickup my bike and ride off.  Unfortunately I did slide in to the pickup and cracked up most of the fairing and smashed the headlights bent the forks a bit. But there weren't any scratches except on the right hard bag, but since it came off in the crash, the scratches were minor.

At 09:51 AM 9/17/01 -0700, you wrote:
>I was looking at maybe getting frame sliders for my ST but I want to know if
>anyone has any experience with them.  The ones I have seen don't seem to stick
>out far enough to protect the faring all that much.  Has anyone had a bike fall
>over with them?  What was the result.  I know all to well what the result was
>without them.
>
>Wes

Lex "Digital Dawg" Offer
reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx