Re: [ST] Sprint ABS

>From: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>If the ABS is holding the front just short of lockup, then when you lean,
>you fall. I believe in ABS. And I am sure you would have had more control.
>But none of the motorcycle ABS systems that I have heard of can handle a turn.
>David W. Funk

I've seen a video demo of the Dutch police training on a nearby circuit with
the then new R1150RT ABS with powered brakes, braking full whilst in a turn,
letting the ABS cycle. The turn wasn't too steep, but the thing stopped on
a dime, while straightening itself. The telelever helps a lot, on the GS the
bike wouldn't care if you braked or not in a turn. It wouldn't want to stand
up or loose stability, it would just stay in the turn like before and brake.

If the ABS is fast enough to prevent the skid, smooth enough not to upset
the tire too much and the telelever or other suspension stable enough, than
it shouldn't matter that much if you brake hard in a turn. Or at least, that's
what the video showed. And the BMW ABS isn't even that smooth...

Emile
www.piloot.com