New tale of woe

This has actually ruined my day, but I thought I could vent alittle to my
fellow Triumph addicts.
It is 71 degrees here in St. Louis Missouri, and after getting my bike back
from the shop just last month, damage repair and a 12,000 mile check
completed.  I thought this would be a great day to go out, check the tire
pressure, top off with some new fuel and generally excercise the bike.  I
get all suited up, push the bike out and start it up.  It runs a little
rough and the check engine light won't go out.  I wind up the bike to about
2200 rpm expecting that this is just the charging system needing to build
back up the power it took to start the bike.  It has had a "Battery Tender"
on it since it got home.  After about 30 sec of running at that RPM the
light didn't go out.  I let it drop back to idle and it dies!  Now I try
restarting it and it won't go more than a few combustions without dying,
when it does start.  So after much fuming I check the battery voltage, 12.7V
with the key off.  And there ends my ability to check why the light won't go
out.  There's oil in the sight glass and every thing else seems in order,
but still no joy.  The service shop doesn't have any other suggestions for
me to check, so I will have to load it back in the truck tommorow to take it
back in.  I hate seeing my bike in the trucks rearview mirror.

I almost feel better now.  It wouldn't have been so bad if I wouldn't had to
see so many other people out riding today.

Going thru biking withdrawls
- -Steve "Dirty Dog"