Re: [ST] Battery/Charging Question..and ....charging batteries, or not

Did everything you and the others have suggested.  I kept it at ~3000rpm
turned on the hi beam, heated grips , and waited for the fan to kick in (it
came on pretty quickly, it got warm in the garage FAST).  But it appears
that the charging system is working just fine.  It never went over 14.5
according to my multi-meter.  The battery also keeping a full charge (~13 -
13.5 not running).  One of my other thoughts that maybe there was a problem
with the fan not shutting off.  But I timed it during the above experiment
and it stayed on for only 2 minutes and 5 seconds.  The local Triumph
dealer doesn't have a load tester so I'll check with the local Honda
shop.  I hope to take the bike for a spin tomorrow (weather channels
predicts thunder storms).  I'll post any new developments.

Spud, thanks for the flow chart!  I passed it onto a friend over on the
Hawk list who's having a little battery trouble of her own.

George