Re: [ST] Sooty suggestions?

Hi John,

JES_VFR wrote:
> At 12:55 PM 7/22/2007, you wrote:
>> Anyway, the bikey is now running perfectly!  Given that all I've done is
>> remove clean and refit the plugs, and clean the idle air valve, I'm 99%
>> sure the idle air valve's soot was to blame.
>
> That is great Andy,
> But now I wonder if treating it occasionally with the SeaFoam
> products would prevent the build up in the IAC valve (just like on autos).

I'd never heard of SeaFoam before.  I take it you mean something along
the lines of spraying Deep Creep into the air intake, or directly into
the valve, e.g. when removing the airbox to check/change the plugs?
Dunno.  Their claims look impressive though, and the fact that sooty
deposits can work back up the inlet lines to the IAC valve probably
means there's more of the Van der Waals bonded goop lurking in there :o)

If you think it would help, I may look into it.  It's so great having an
easy starting, smooth running bike.

Cheers,

Andrew