Re: [ST] Weekly Charging of Battery needed...Explanation?

Kevin Dicks wrote:
> I also never use the kill switch to turn the bike off - never really
> understood the need for a kill switch on a bike when, generally, the key is
> right by the side of it (I know some bikes have the key elsewhere).

Quick story to illustrate a point.  The one and only motorcycle accident
I've been in (knocks furiously on wood) occurred when a car decided to
make a left turn across my lane, then saw that I was coming and proceeded
  to stop in the middle of my lane (brilliant).  So I t-boned the back
door of the car in spectacular fashion.  During the incident the forks of
the Vulcan 750 I was riding compressed so hard that the instrument
cluster on the top of the forks actually broke off and the key was down
inside the cluster unable to be reached.  So my only option was to use
the kill switch to shut the bike off as it lay on its side spewing gas
and oil all over the place.   Bottom line, I'm glad there was a kill switch!