[St] 96,398 update

Time for an update.  We are exactly a week from when I want to blast off to a Labor Day weekend rally and things look like they'll be a bit tight on time.

I dropped by the shop this morning to see how things are going.  We're short a few parts.  The cam chain, the cam chain sprockets, and a couple bearings.  They just haven't shown up yet.  After some investigation it was discovered the sprockets and bearings left Triumph GA yesterday.  So they expect them to show by Monday.  But the cam chain was showing as out of stock on the web tracking system.  Kim(dealer ownership) made some calls to GA and a cam chain will be leaving GA Tues to be overnighted to the dealer.  So hopefully they'll be able to get the motor assembled as far as possible in the beginning of next week.  Throw the cam chain in, get it timed, installed in the bike, and fired up by the end of the day Wed, or very early Thurs.

I'm not looking forward to breaking in the motor on an 800 mile trip.  But most of that blame belongs to me because I delayed this work thinking(hoping) it was a smaller component failure that I could fix.  Overall though, it could be worse.  Something could be back ordered, and not available anywhere.  So I'm still hopeful.

The parts list I saw was mostly bearings, rings, cam chain and sprockets.  I didn't notice any big parts, so to speak.  This meets with my agreement with the mechanic.  Replace the minimum number of parts to shorten the rebuild time, but not take shortcuts.  Yeah, it sounds kinda half ass, but from the parts I saw, I think we're safe taking this tactic.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2001 Yamaha YZ426f