Re: [ST] Fifth, and last time, of trying this...

On Jun 9, 2004, at 1:59 PM, Kevin Dicks wrote:
> am keen to get a replacement and the clueless person
> at the MN Triumph dealership and the snot nosed kid at
> my local Triumph dealership had no clues as to whether
> I can order just the pad. So does anybody know where I
> can get one from - either via Triumph or does someone
> have one "they don't want" ?

Try the liST sponsor, Jack Lilley.

> I have noticed a whine from the front-end from some
> time - it got worse on this trip.

Tire?  Need a better description.

> I also noticed a
> definite slight grinding noise/clicking noise when
> coasting -i.e. not engine related (I don't think).

That's probably your chain with a touch too much slack.

> Also, my front brakes judder as if a rotor is warped -
> not sure if this is all related to the other symptoms
> (front bearing maybe ??) or not.

Have you cleaned the caliper pistons?  One (or more) may be stuck,
causing your pads to engage the rotors unevenly.  Also causes spongy
lever feel.
- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
San Mateo, CA (USA)